10.15.2009

Tutorial with Sue

A Little bit late I know, but last Wednesday I had a tutorial with Sue to discuss my dissertation. The main subject of my essay will be the use of paper within art and design, looking at elegant paper cuts to contemporary experiments in paper sculpture and paper installations. Paper is one of the world's oldest and most widely used materials and I want to celebrate its diversity! Artists such as Peter Callesen and Rob Ryan gave me the inspiration to choose the subject, however during the tutorial Sue talked about how interesting it would be to discover lesser known, new artists and designers using both old and new techniques. Emailing artists and designers asking why and how they choose paper as a medium is now on my list to do! Along with a few names to research she has told me to visit the special collections in All Saints library and visit the Manchester Artist Book Fair at uni on November 7th...both of which I shall do! After talking with Sue, I felt really positive towards my dissertation especially now that the themes are more refined...now I just need to start typing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking time to look at my blog, any feedback is really appreciated!

Related Posts with Thumbnails